- 1970 Matric, JMB, St. Cyprian's School, Cape Town.
- 1971 University of the Witwatersrand - French language coarse.
- 1972 -1974 Michaelis - University of Cape town – Graphic Design.
- 1975- 1978 Central School of Art and Design. London.
Diploma in Theatre Design.
- 1983 Leggatt's Fashion Design. Johannesburg.
- 1986 -1991 University of the Witwatersrand, Fine Arts.
- 1973 Photographic experience with Dirk Schwager, Cape Town.
- 1974 Theatre and prop making experience for Robert Kirby - Cape Town.
- 1975 - 1979 UK, London (Theatre Design) Experience at The Old Vic.
with Derek Jacobi, Timothy West and Pamela Howard.
- 1979 -1985 Opened business "Lolly Hahn Designs", hand painted fabrics,
- 1990 -1993 Held a series of Exhibitions...( refer to "Exhibitions"...subtitle)
- 1993 - 2008 Opened the "Gallery Guest House", a B&B business.
Exhibited paintings of local and other contemporary South
African Artists, had discussions, workshops, film evenings.
- 1993 - 1994 Taught drawing and painting at the 'Knysna Art Centre'.
- 1994 - 1998 Taught drawing and painting at the Gallery Guest House.
- 1999 – 2008 Working on my own themes for particular exhibitions.
Made an art movie….(interviewing members of the public on their
understanding of words such as “religion”, “spirituality”, “tolerance”
- 2008 Full time artist…at last !
- 1968 Visited 11 different European countries.
- 1971 – 1978 Lived in London.
Traveled during vacations to other European countries, visiting
museums and galleries in order to explore the varying cultures.
(e.g. Edinburgh Festival).
- 1983 Spain, Portugal and France
- 1984 – 1985 France and United Kingdom
- 1986 Malawi
- 1987 Turkey and Central Europe
- 1988 Mauritius and Southern Africa
- 1989 France and U.K. visiting unusual galleries and theatre productions.
- 1994 London, for the opening of my Solo Exhibition at the
Logos Gallery, WC2, 13/06/94
- 1996 Zimbabwe
- 1998 France, and Northern SA
- 1999 Thailand
- 2000 Bali…(Indonesia)
Transkei , SA
- 2001 Australia
- 2004-8 European Galleries in Italy, France, Switzerland and UK
- 2017 UK and France
- 2018 UK and France
- 1989 "MARTIENSSEN PRIZE" at the University of the Witwatersrand.
- 1994 Painting entitled "Now and Beyond" accepted by the Royal Academy
(London), in top 10% from over 13,000 entries, for final
choice of paintings hung for the Summer Exhibition
PAINTINGS IN PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
- France, Germany, UK, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Australia and South Africa
- 1986 Gertrude Posel Gallery – University of the Witwatersrand
- 1987 Gertrude Posel Gallery – University of the Witwatersrand
- 1988 Gertrude Posel Gallery – University of the Witwatersrand
- 1989 Gertrude Posel Gallery – University of the Witwatersrand.
(Won the “Martienssen Prize”)
- 1990 Gertrude Posel Gallery – University of the Witwatersrand.
- 1991 Cassirer Fine Art …Johannesburg
- 1992 Thesen House …Knysna
- 1993 Knysna Art Gallery….. Exhibited with six other painters.
- 1993 Knysna Art Gallery…. ‘Framing and Fine Art’ exhibition.
- 1994 Logos Gallery, Barter Street, London WC2.
- 1995 Knysna Art Gallery…entitled “People in Motion” - cross cultural
- 1995 London Contemporary Art Fair ..“ART 95”
(Logos Gallery…. stand 61, 19 to 22 Jan 1995.
- 1995 The Gap Gallery .. (Grahamstown Standard Bank Arts Festival)
Group show organized by Joao Ferriera , Cape Town.
- 1995 Knysna Art Gallery, entitled ‘Fragments of Fragility’
- 1995 Old Nick Gallery, Plettenberg Bay, entitled ‘For the Small Creatures’
- 1996 Knysna Art Gallery, group exhibition entitled ‘Expressions’
- 1996 Knysna Art Gallery, group show
- 1997 BCI Gallery, JHB (Wantage Road, Rosebank, Johannesburg)
Claude Jammet, Joanne Taylor, Moyra Jacobs, Margaret Vorster,
Liz Napier, Lesley-Anne Hoets, Graham Jones, Wesley Ngethu,
Gaynor Napier, Koriena de Bruin, and Lolly Hahn-Page.
- 1997 National Parks Board … .Thesen Jetty, Knysna.
entitled ‘This Species is amusing itself to Death’.
- 1997 Knysna Art Gallery, entitled “A Sense of Place
- 1998 Knysna Art Gallery, entitled ‘ Windows 98/99’
- 1999 Knysna Art Gallery, landscapes of the Knysna area and Karoo
- 2000 Knysna Art Gallery, Computer generated images
- 2001 Knysna Art Gallery, “Art Movie” of interviews with locals.
- 2004 Strydom Gallery, George - winter exhibition.
- 2002/8 Harry B’s Restaurant during arts Festivals.
- 2002/8 Private sales
- 2010 Artvark Gallery (Kalkbay and new Cape Quarter, Cape Town)
- 2012 Ellie's Deli, Noordhoek
- 2012 Oil Paintings on show at the Cape Gallery, 60, Church Street, Cape Town
- 2013 Lindsay Quirk creative Studio, Imhoff's Farm Village, Kommetjie
- 2013 SPI National Portrait Competition, Rust-en-Vrede Gallery, Durbanville, Cape Town.
Portrait of Old Man Joe was selected as one of 40 finalists of 1,783 entries (see the artwork under Portraits).
- 2013 SPI National Portrait Competition National Touring Exhibition, University of Johannesburg Art Gallery, 24 October - 13 November 2013.
- 2014 SPI National Portrait Competition National Touring Exhibition, Stephan Welz & Co at the Alphen Estate, Constantia, Cape Town, 26 November - 10 January 2014.
- 2014 SPI National Portrait Competition National Touring Exhibition, KwaZulu-Natal Society of Arts (KZNSA) Gallery, Durban, April 2014.
- 2014 Landscapes, Seascapes and Portraits, The STUDIO in Kalkbay, Cape Town, 27 March - 16 April 2014.
- 2014 4 artists exhibition, Eclectica Modern Cape Town
- 2015 Landscapes, Seascapes and Portraits, The STUDIO in Kalkbay, Cape Town, 26 March - 8 April 2015.
- 2019 Archetypal Memories (Heart Series and others), THE STUDIO GALLERY, Habour View Centre, Simonstown, Cape Town, 17 - 31 January 2019.
- Various articles and interviews for magazines, newspapers and TV.
- Advertized in the LONDON GALLERY GUIDE, June 1994.
- Several articles published in glossy Arabic Magazines. 1994.
- London based WHAT’S ON magazine, June 29 1994.
- SABC…WOMAN’S WORLD radio interview, 4 July 1994.
- KNYSNA/PLETT HERALD – article by Gillian Carter.
- ART ’95 ..(The London Contemporary Art Fair Magazine) 1995.
- MODERN PAINTERS.. a quarterly journal of the Fine Arts, winter issue1994, Vol 7, No 4.
- EASTERN CAPE HERALD… Article on exhibition entitled ‘This Species is amuzing itself to death’.
- S.A.T.V. – Viewing on “Good Morning South Africa” Sept 14,1997 of “junk room” under offices of National Parks Board building, Thesen Jetty…during Nederburg Arts Festival.
- 2010 - ART TIMES magazine (Art Life article - July 2010 edition).